KER E0.3 Omega 3 Supplement For Horses 18.93 Ltr Bucket
Pre Order Item. Minimum 14 Working Days Delivery Time
THIS IS A PRE ORDER ITEM. PLEASE ALLOW 14 WORKING DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE BEFORE DISPATCH FROM OUR STORE. ONCE ORDER IS PROCESSED IT CANNOT BE CANCELLED
Horses are often fed diets composed entirely of grain mixes and hay. Such diets are rich in omega-6 fatty acids but extremely low in omega-3 fatty acids. If vegetable oil is added to the ration, it further skews the ratio, with omega-6 fatty acids being overrepresented. To help counteract this imbalance, horses should be supplemented with omega-3 fatty acids, the richest sources of which are fish oils.
Kentucky Equine Research developed EO•3™, a potent marine-derived oil that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. EO•3 is a palatable oil that is top-dressed onto the feed. EO•3 contains the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. KER has shown EO•3 to be highly palatable when compared to other marine-derived oils.
EO•3 is intended to be fed to horses of all classes and working levels to improve the critical omega-3:omega-6 ratio in their diets.
The equine athlete that is provided EO•3 can benefit from the difference in inflammatory response. In addition, EO•3 has also demonstrated benefits to the cardiovascular system, reproductive performance, and bone development in numerous research studies in a variety of animal species. The consumption of EPA and DHA from a source such as EO•3 is the only way to ensure that these fatty acids are available for metabolism of the “less-inflammatory” compounds and other metabolites beneficial for the horse’s overall health and well-being.
- Palatable deodorized fish oil with cherry flavor
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Strengthens immune function
- Increases red blood cell flexibility
- Enhances bone metabolism and development
- Benefits of DHA- and EPA-mediated inflammatory response include reduction in joint inflammation, allergic reactivity, exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage
- Reproductive benefits include improved fertility, improved colostrum quality, enhanced passive transfer of antibodies to foals, and increased sperm concentration, motility, and viability
- Marine-derived long-chain fatty acids DHA and EPA are more efficiently used as precursors of local hormones than plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids
Add 1 to 2 oz (30 to 60 mL) to the feed of growing horses, broodmares, and performance horses in light to moderate work daily. Horses in heavy work, breeding stallions, and those recovering from an illness or injury may be fed 2 to 4 oz (60 to 120 mL) per day. For best results, introduce EO·3 to the ration gradually over a period of 5 to 10 days.
18.93 Litre Bucket
|Brand||Kentucky Equine Research|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Wyong Produce & Farm Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.