Mag E is the ideal supplement tor working and travelling horses to provide a well absorbed tor in of magnesium, as well as essential Vitamin E and Vitamin Bl, to help nerve and muscle function.
Mag E is an innovative supplement developed after 4 years of field trials on thousands of horses.
Kohnkes Mag-E contains:
- High levels of organic magnesium - with the majority provided by 'organic' amino acid (yeast) chelate which reaches the absorption sites as an 'amino acid shielded' complex for optimum absorption.
- Natural and synthetic Vitamin E - corrects low dietary levels to ensure optimum muscle and nerve function.
- Vitamin Bl (thiamine) - to help make up shortfalls in the diet of working horses fed on grain based, low roughage diets.
- Debit to red yeast as a natural food compound to help maintain normal gastro-intestinal function in working, travelling or competitive horses.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER KG:
- Magnesium (as amino acid chelate and oxide) 90.0g
- d-a-RRR tocopherol acetate (natural Vit. E) 30,000 IU
- dl-a-tocopheryl adsorbate 30,000 IU
- thiamine hydrochloride6660 mg
- Debittered veast 83.3g
- Also contains other synergistic digestive aids.
Mag-E has been formulated to provide a source of nutrients, based on organic magnesium.
- Vitamin E and Vitamin B1 to correct low or inadequate dietary uptake to help maintain proper muscle and nerve function.
- It is recommended that young horses in particular are given Mag E to help reduce the risk of injury due to frightened, over-reactive or shying behaviour in early training.
Dosage Rates 500kg bwt horse:
- Starting Dosage: lt is recommended to Initially give 15g (I scoopful) Mag-E in each of the morning and evening feeds daily for 7 days.
- In very anxious horses, Including young horses coining into training or being brokento saddle and training routines, up lo 3 scoopsful daily (1 1/2 scoopsful morning and evening) may need to be given to achieve the best results and help focus them on their training.
- In an occasional horse, up to 2 scoopsful twice daily may be required during in his initial period to ensure an optimal result.
- Daily Follow-Up Dosage: Once a horse has responded to the initial loading dose, then the dose can be reduced to 15g (1 scoopful), or for previously very anxious horses, 22 1/2 g (1 1/2 scoopsful) daily in the evening feed to help maintain cooperative and safe behaviour.
- This dose can be continued daily to help maintain calm, co operative behaviour without making a horse too docile or slow or affect it's response to training demands.
- In some cases, once the horse has established a pattern of co operative, settled behaviour over a 2-3 week period as blood magnesium levels are maintained, the dose can then be reduced to every alternate day.
- However, in most cases, il is recommended lo increase the dose to 15g (I scoopful) twice daily for Ihe last 4-5 days before a race or competition to help ensure that the co-operative behaviour is maintained during travelling, when waiting to compete or during competition.
- Making a Paste Format: Horses which are being supplemented with Mag-E on a daily basis and have a history of nervous behaviour during travelling or on race/competition day, can be given a double dose of 30g (2 scoopsful), mixed with 20ml, of water and 20ml cooking oil (or Energy Gold) into a paste.
- This oil coating will help sustain its uptake when given over the tongue 4 hours before race or competition time.
- This can help a horse cope for up to 8 hours during travelling, racing or competition.
- This paste dose can also be given hours prior to travel if a horse has a history of being anxious when travelling.
- Mag-E does not contain any substances which arc prohibited on race or competition day. It is a purely nutritional supplement only.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Wyong Produce & Farm Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.