Dermcare Pyohex Medicated Shampoo is a topical antibacterial shampoo containing 3% Chlorhexidine Gluconate. It is an aid in the treatment of superficial bacterial skin infections in dogs.
Underlying causes for secondary bacterial infections can include:
- Allergy - pollen, grass, food (protein), fleas
- Hormonal or endocrine diseases
- Parasitic infestations such as fleas, mites or lice.
It is important to treat the secondary infection as well as the underlying condition for optimal management of the skin disease
Bacterial skin infections in dogs can have a wide variety of symptoms or appearances.
Common appearances of bacterial infections include:
- Circular rings of scale or redness (epidermal collarettes)
- Inflamed and exudative areas of skin commonly referred to as hotspots
Chlorhexidine gluconate, the active ingredient in Pyohex shampoo and conditioner, has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity against most bacteria that are commonly found in cases of superficial bacterial dermatitis. Studies show that the antibacterial activity of chlorhexidine gluconate is optimised at 3%, which is the concentration found in both Pyohex shampoo and conditioner.
Directions for use:
- Thoroughly wet the dog with clean water
- Apply shampoo at various points on the pet
- Massage into a lather. A sponge may assist with this and with penetration through the coat.
- Leave in contact with the skin for 10 minutes – During this time pets must be supervised to ensure that ingestion or inhalation of the product does not occur.
- Rinse thoroughly
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Wyong Produce & Farm Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.